Friday, June 3, 2011

you can take the girl outta new england…

snakeskin4d1snakeskin1

I am having a moment here where I am feeling quite fond of the preppy look.  The nautical version of it, to be specific.  Again, I think it means I miss home.  As much as I totally want to be a little boho-Stevie-Nicks-wannabe, I will foralways really just want to be a Kennedy.  But more like the happytimes on the beach playing football, sailing and wearing sweaters type Kennedy…

Or maybe I have been with James a little too long.  You see, he is a prep school boy and literally 95% of his wardrobe is from some derivative of the Gap empire.  The other 5% is from J. Crew.  Alas, I am only a public school girl.  Isn’t it like the romance that could never be?  Only we went to the same college… so I guess not.  What am I even talking about anymore??  How very un-Kennedylike of me.

snakeskin5snakeskin6

To be honest, maybe this look isn’t all that preppy.  I mean… come on, those shorts are, right?  I don’t even know.  I’ve been a bit under the weather in the femalest of ways recently, so it’s not like I put that much thought into what I was wearing.  It’s only now I’m trying to make sense of it all and write something.  I’ve also been listening to Fleetwood Mac way too loud and that tends to kind of put me in a classic rock coma.  So overall I probably should not have attempted to write anything at all.

But I did.  Who knows why these things happen, but here I am still writing (and you still reading, apparently- yay!) and holy crap, I forgot!  Look.  Did you see??  Two. Shoes.  One for each foot!  No more bootshoe!!  Well… at least for now.  It’s a little somethin’ somethin’ I’m trying out, you see.  We’ll see on Monday if the doctor is all like ‘Hells to the no’.  However, for now, it is quite exciting.  Clearly, I’m well on my way to playing football on the beaches of the Cape.  In a sweater… with stripess t o p  w r i t i n g  p l e a s e

v-neck shirt: Gap, striped shorts: J. Crew, sandals: Chinese Laundry via Shoe Dazzle, necklace: gift, ring & bracelet: Forever 21

13 comments:

  1. i think your jewelry might be a little too boho for the prepsters up here, but they'd totally go for those shorts.

    and i love the shoes -- hopefully you can keep em on both feet!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first thing i noticed was no boot! high give. the flats are adorable. love love love. also, i too wish i were a little stevie nicks, but....not quite sure i'll ever be comfortable rocking a top hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a beautiful location to shoot in. & this preppy work is totally working on you. the shorts are so cute that i would love to be able to wear those, & that necklace is awesome. but my favourite is that round ring. so beautiful! i got a canon 600D :) so so excited!!!x



    thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I think I'm in love!

    xoxo,
    Your newest follower - Natalia

    inlovewithsandiego.blogspot.com - please check out my blog and follow if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog and love your thoughtful posts & chic style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loooove that yellow nail polish! and i, too, have spent the past few days listening to fleetwood mac. perhaps it's something in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo I feel ya! I'm constantly going between hippie, preppy, vintagy (is that a word?), and everywhere in between!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit! i love the chunky necklace!

    http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha! I love your ramblings. Yes, the shorts are preppy. But they're adorable on you.
    Aaaand Yay for two working feet!

    .AshleyRae.
    araeofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovess the blog....you are too cute!

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have such a beautiful blog.
    i like the casual yet chic outfit.
    I hope we can be blogger friends!


    http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat. What's on your mind?

Web Analytics